I did it. I took Ethan to Babies 'R Us today - BIG mistake!! From the moment we walked in, I could tell he was in his version of hell. Too much stuff, and absolutely NO idea where to begin (that goes for both of us!) So, as we start to prepare for baby's arrival and start thinking about registering, I have a favor to ask of all of you mom's out there. Please leave a comment and let us know:
1) What are some items you receieved that you absolutely could not live without?
2) What are some items you received that you could really do without?
Also, if you have any favorite items or brands (seriously, how many different brands of bottles can there be?), please feel free to share those too! Thank you so much for your help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I loved my Baby Bjorn, so I would suggest a sling of some sort (which ever one you like and is easiest for you to use). I also loved my boppy pillow for nursing (can also work for bottle feeding if you choose that route). I never used those furry car seat covers for the winter, I just used a blanket. Kami loved to swing, so that was a great gift. I'll keep thinking and let you know more later.
ReplyDeleteBTW, did you ever get your Cutest Blog on the Block figured out?
ReplyDeleteI totally understand how Ethan feels. I'd never stepped foot in a BRU until I was pregnant. It was overwhelming to say the least.
ReplyDeleteAs far as useful items, I second the Boppy! Another good option is a My Brest Friend pillow. It's similar to the Boppy, and, if you can look past the silly name, it's a fantastic product that offers baby more ergonomic support during feedings.
Bottles: I used Avent to supplement for Tommy then switched to Evenflo Glass for Annalise (at the height of all the BPA plastic worries). I must say I REALLY liked the glass bottles and I'd highly recommend them. Just like our grandmas used!
Also, I'd suggest skipping a baby comforter to match whatever bedding set you choose. They're always among the most expensive items and, in my opinion, shouldn't be used in a crib anyhow due to loose bedding being linked to SIDS. Sleep sacks are great and come in a few different weights depending on season.
I could write a book Dana... First off it depends on what kind of feeding and diapering you're going to do. And... If you're going to work out of the home once your sweet one joins you.
ReplyDeleteMust Have...
-Bassinet, Co-Sleeper, or Moses basket. I preferred the co-sleeper, but would have liked a Moses basket in addition if we could have afforded it.
-Sling. Specifically the Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch. Perfect for winter babies and I absolutely used it every day multiple times a day.
-Wrapping Blankets. My favorite are the Aden & Anais ones made from muslin cotton.
-If you're cloth diapering I really liked those tiny Kissaluv fitteds with wool covers.
Didn't use at all:
-Wipes warmer
-Bottle warmer
-Video baby monitor